Saturday, February 14, 2009

Here's for Hallmark Holidays!

I disapprove of Valentines' Day on general principle. It seems, on the surface, to be a harmless enough holiday. But my male friends all seem to hate it because it seems to be a sort of trap or test they will fail no matter what they do.

That and the inflated prices on seemingly mandatory roses and cards and chocolate that have all been out on display since the day after Christmas...the whole thing adds up to a big commercial scam.

The last thing I want is for anyone in my life to have to keep up with the Jones' with regard to expressions of "love". That is just weird. I mean, flowers and chocolate and sparkly jewels are all well and good, but some mandatory holiday expression is just funky. Being romantic should be an everyday thing, born out of genuine affection.

This isn't worth an actual rant, but I am glad we are not making a big deal out of it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment