Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Amor Gitano (Gypsy Love)


I am loving this song right now. It is on the Gipsy Kings' record "Compass". It is so full of longing and sung so passionately. I looked up the lyrics this morning and now love it even more. If you can find it, give it a listen.


AMOR GITANO (GYPSY LOVE)TRANSLATION TO ENGLISH:

I want to fall in love

With the master of my life

I want her to fall in love with me

I prayed for you to come soon

Who, I know

That it's you who don't know where to go

That's why I will give you my hand

Today fulfill well

Your love I already know

Can arrive one day

And be put there

To truly suffer

As never before, and I ...

If the things of the night are good for me now

Swear that you will be thereI saw her in the past

Who, I know(phonetic - I don't know what it means)

Look what you are doing

I am a manTo fall in love

Again I saw you in the street

I'm going to look for you
The way, dark one

The gypsy woman whom I loved

I will give you a sign that there is no fear

To love the gypsy woman I have loved

And loveI have lost everything

I gave agony to your love

And a pure heart was found there

Tell me my love

Don't go away

It is my life
I am coming here

I, serene one, anguished and humble

Will give you my life

Ey----------------eyEy----------------ey

And the love

Where I have arrived

That I lost

Like a loved one
I let her flee

Yes, I have already known her

And lost her
And will give for her sake

The kisses that I have given you

I will give you

I want a future with you

One of the delights of lifeI spent there

A gypsy "love"

I will never forget

I will never forget

Lai lo lai lo lai lo, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment