Friday, June 27, 2008

Getting Myself Kidnapped

I'm all about getting out of Dodge once in a while by myself and stirring up some trouble. I like the idea of getting myself kidnapped and having some new shit happening to me. It really shakes the cobwebs out of my brain. I need to do it more often, actually.

So, this weekend I am hitting the road in search of a little peace and quiet, as well as some fun talks with total strangers and coffee in a different city. I often make it to San Francisco, so this time I am going to Palo Alto, scene of many of my teenage crimes. It will be interesting to see if it looks any different to me. I seem to remember good bookstores.


I'm hoping to get a few ideas or do a little writing while I am there, too. I'm taking stuff with me to support that, but who knows? I might just hook up to my iPod and recline on my hotel bed all day just to get some rest. Either way, I'll be back home on Sunday, hopefully with renewed energy for my daily routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment