Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Here's a Thought

Call me a busybody if you want, but I am going to take a moment to tell you how to raise your kids. This isn't directed at anybody in particular, but we aren't even into the hot part of summer, and kids are already dying in hot cars. That shit pisses me off no end. When I look at our struggles to add children to our family, the fact that others can just give birth and then neglect or abuse those kids just blows the top of my head off. As a foster parent, I have to be held to much higher standards than biological parents. I'm no parenting expert, but how hard can it be to take a baby out of the car seat when it is 90 degrees outside?

So, jackass parents everywhere, here's your free lesson:

  1. Don't leave your kid in a car with the windows rolled up. Not even for "just a minute". The temperatures in that car will soar way above the air outside in minutes. Your little one can NOT deal with that kind of heat. If your baby dies because you are too stupid or selfish to take them out of the car seat, I and legions of others will wish painful retribution on you, in this life and the next. You will totally deserve it if bad things happen to you.
  2. Do you figure that your drug abuse problems don't affect your kids? Think again.
  3. Don't leave your kid unattended in a store/public pool/meth lab. Take care of your own kid and make sure they don't steal/drown/take a contact hit.
  4. Fireworks are not great "toys".
  5. Cheetos are not in the vegetable food group.
  6. Neither is Mountain Dew.
  7. Take an Infant/Child CPR class. Seriously. Even if you mess up any of the above, you might be able to save a life.
  8. Mullet hairstyles became classified as child abuse around 1992. Ditto the rat-tail and the Dorothy Hammill bowl-haircut.
  9. Dora the Explorer is not your babysitter.
  10. Smile at your kid every once in a while.

Got more? Add on!

1 comment:

  1. "Mullet hairstyles became classified as child abuse around 1992."

    I think I just snorted diet coke out my nose....

    Add to that list please.....
    8 and 80 or in the back seat
    oh and IN a seat belt

    ReplyDelete