Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lady, Do I Know You?

I just love how October is over so the ghosts are quieting. But now the living people want to chat.

But only the crazy ones.

I was walking across the parking lot into the grocery store. I was low on Perrier, if you must know. And this tall woman passes me, walking faster. She decides to speak, and here's how it goes.

Crazy Lady: I hope those Democrats are happy. He's just going to get assassinated.

Confused Stacie: That would be totally sad.

Crazy Lady: Sure it would, but that is what is going to happen. People have already tried twice.

Confused Stacie: Do I know you? Why are you saying this to me?

Crazy Lady: (mumbles something and throws her hands in the air and keeps walking)

Was it my clothes? I was wearing a sort of conservative looking outfit today because I was coming from a nursing conference. Why would this person look at me and figure me to be sympathetic to her tirade? Note to self: consider donating that beige skirt to charity.

I just wanted some French fizzy water, lady. Not yer damn conspiracy theory.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy is right. I'm reading some interesting comments on Flickr. Like Obama is a Marxist who wants to take away people's 401Ks for SS. Is that nuts? The lady who said that is from Oklahoma. How much do you want to shake up those frickin' 'red' states and tell them it's not 1960 for cripes sake? Thank goodness states like PA and CA have high electoral #s.

    ReplyDelete