Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dream-Syncopation

I got a little bit of extra sleep last night, so the dream machine was up and running.

I dreamed that I was learning to play the guitar and the piano, and I was getting a lesson about syncopation from Roger Taylor (the drummer from Duran Duran). The lesson was taking place backstage in the midst of a concert or music fest of some kind. We were behind the curtain and the lights were kinda low, but there I was, first strumming on the guitar and then setting it down and playing some chords on the piano. I lost a lot of the details of the dream after I woke up, but it was sorta fun to be getting a celebrity lesson.

I have always wanted to play a musical instrument, but my efforts in that regard have always been spotty and underfunded. I may take up some music lessons over the summer or after I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment