Monday, January 26, 2009

The Wellness Plan

So, I started back to school today, which is wonderful. I was so glad to be back and see my classmates. I gave and received many hugs. Of course, we hit the ground running, so there is already tons of work to do, but it still feels so much more purposeful than my desk job.

To make it through last semester, I had a rough outline of my wellness plan in my head, and I did a pretty good job of sticking to it. This semester I thought I would write it down and share it.

So here it is, in a nutshell: clean living. As clean as possible, anyway.
  1. Proper diet: including taking a daily multivitamin and limiting the refined sugar and white flour, etc. No fads or crazy diets, just nourishing my body with lean proteins and veggies etc.
  2. Proper sleep: That means as few all night study sessions as possible.
  3. Time management: even if I have to write myself a to-the-minute schedule daily (with breaks, of course), I have to stay on task, especially if I want to get some sleep.
  4. Exercise: SO important. Even if it does take an hour a day away from my books, I need to get up and MOVE.
  5. Very little alcohol
  6. Meditation time: sometimes a good workout is a good mental break, but I need time to attempt to still the torrent in my mind.
  7. Family time: accomplished most readily with family dinner, but I can't be nose in a book 24/7.
  8. Art: The hardest thing to make time for in my science curriculum. But I drag my poetry notebook around in my backpack, just in case.
  9. Brainless entertainment: especially TV that makes me laugh. Gotta break up the stress.
  10. Study, study, study: Nothing would give me a better endorphin rush than getting good grades.
  11. Proper Hand Washing: you would be surprised how this one simple thing will keep you from getting sick.
Go me! Yay!

Some days this is HARD to do. But just trying to be mindful of it daily really seems to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment