Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Stoopid Government Crapola.*RANT ALERT*


OMG. I hate the government. I really mean that. The United States is being slowly crushed under the weight of its own bureaucrazy. "Bureaucrazy" is my new word, I just made it up.

I am putting together a training checklist for work, since we hired two new people and I am the defacto trainer in my department. I'm trying to be organized. My boss keeps coming and adding stuff to my list. "Oh, don't forget to tell them to do this in that way or the reports we send to Washington don't come out right."

Eventually I told her I don't give two figs about the reports, but I'll tell them anyway.

We have this lame scheduling program (if I tell you it is DOS-based, does that begin to explain how archaic it is?). It is so full of eccentric glitches and fussy ways to make mistakes, that several people (with no people skills) must be employed to monitor the reports that come off of it and run around with rulers smacking the wrists of those of us who actually have to help the patients.

Offering good customer service to sick people is hard even when you have good functionality of your equipment. Keeping track of, and teaching pedantic rules to the new hires is just an annoying part of the job. Usually I am on autopilot and I don't have to give conscious thought to the lameness of the rules. But preparing to instruct otherwise sane people in the insane ways of government double-speak and ass-coverage has just set me off today. I just got royally pissed and am having trouble choking it down this time. So I am being taciturn at my desk and blogging for a minute instead of working.

What really gets me if I allow myself to think about it this deeply is that my own taxes pay for me to be this annoyed. So I am going to shake my fist at the sky and shout "THE GOVERNMENT!!!!"

Try it sometime. Usually the government really is what is bothering you. Feh.

No comments:

Post a Comment