Thursday, September 25, 2008

Getting Political

So, I decided to throw my hat into the ring for our class elections next week. Our class is supposed to select three reps to attend faculty meetings and advocate for student issues. That means I am officially campaigning, I guess.

I'm not super-fussed either way. I'd like to serve as a rep but don't know if my peers will choose to elect me. I'm kind of a pain in the ass, but in a class rep that could be a good thing.

So, yeah. Um. Go me! I guess I decided to go for it because my adviser has such a high opinion of my natural leadership skills. We will see if it ends up being more about who is popular. Even at the college level and at my age I am still not one of the "cool kids". Not that it matters. If I don't get elected this term I can try again next semester if I feel moved to do so.

Oh, and if there is a debate, I will show up for it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! You guys are going through ELECTIONS??? Our half of the 1st sem students (Fast Trackers) just asked for people who were free to go to the faculty meetings and we got 6 volunteers (3 for Tues/3 for Weds) and that was that.
    Too bad all Political situations couldn't be that simple. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add that I was not elected. I'm not too fussed. Some people did vote for me, so it wasn't a total lockout.

    ReplyDelete