Saturday, September 27, 2008

So, Stace! How's it going?

The short answer is that it is going well.

The long answer, because with me there always is one, is that it is going well but it is very intense and stressful these days.

Two people have already dropped out of the nursing program I am in. I knew there would be a steep rate of attrition, but it seems so soon to be losing people.

I'm in what feels like an almost constant scramble to get things done, even though I am as organized as I can be and allowing myself almost no social life.

I feel like I am starting to sabotage myself in little ways. I am a natural hedonist, so self-discipline does not come naturally to me. Maybe I am just blowing off steam or whatever. I have also had a few creative writing projects clamoring for, and getting, a little of my attention.

I do wonder if taking time to write prose is an acceptable outlet for my stress, or a stalling technique that keeps me out of my textbooks. Either way, some short stories are getting written in between things.

I'm still going to the gym 5-6 days a week. My body wants to hold onto this weight SOOOOO bad! I have fallen off the healthy eating for about 2 days and feel like crap. *Sigh* Oh well, back on the healthy food tomorrow. It does help; I just don't always do what is good for me.

So, I am stressed and constantly pressed for time, but the few people I do talk to keep commenting on how happy I sound.

There are some good reasons for that; each one is as valid as the next. Yes, I am out of that annoying job for the most part and around interesting and stimulating people. I am eating healthy and exercising. I am doing something to develop myself. There is some aspect of better living through modern medicine. I am making plans for the future. All of that. Also, I have really supportive people around me that make all of the stress either seem worth it or that amuse me and make me smile. I love feeling that people are investing in my success and it feels spectacular to be cared about. You know who you are.

So, yeah. Stressed, but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment