Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Okay, okay, here's the good things

Photo of beautiful Emerald Bay

Ok, so I got all slappy about Reno in my last post. Now I guess I will show my adopted hometown a little love. I know I am here for some very good reasons, and some good is coming out of it. Here's the goods:
  • Proximity to Lake Tahoe: That is some good stuff right there. I love just driving around/hiking up there.
  • Little A: I am quite certain we were destined to come here to be a part of her life. She is the perfect kid for me, and I treasure her.
  • My school: I probably wouldn't have gone into the nursing program if we had not come here. My job thing lined that up nicely.
  • View of the Sierras: They are so pretty. I love mountains. I have no talent for snow sports any more complex than sledding, but it is nice when my ski-crazy relations come to visit.
  • Friends: I have made some great ones here, in the little pockets of intellectuals and artists that hide in between all the rest.
  • Walking by the Truckee river: That includes the path that is great for Little A to ride her trike. It gets a fresh batch of baby ducks every spring. Baby ducks are good.
  • Tony's grandma Helen lives here: She's a total sweetie and a kick in the pants. He also has some cousins here, and we get the occasional family picnic out of it.
See? I am not a TOTAL sourpuss! I am making lemonade, see?

No comments:

Post a Comment