Friday, July 25, 2008

All Hail the High Priestess of Whoo!

Um, yeah. That would be me. That nickname "The High Priestess of Whooo!!" got applied to me about a 15 years ago because whenever I show up at a party, riots tend to break out. Well, not riots, per se. Certainly the crazy antics factor of the party goes up if you add my loopy personality into the mix. Especially if you get a couple of cocktails into me. I incite the craziness in others in a fun and festive way. I have been known to turn a normal party into a toga party at the drop of a hat. In fact, I think I was the only person in a toga (made from a rainbow sheet, no less) the night I met my (then future) husband.

I'm a friendly, affectionate drunk. Actually, I don't wait to get all the way drunk to start hugging people. But people like to drink around me, and I am a terrible encourager of vice in that regard. I can almost always talk people into having another, just for my amusement.

And before long, somebody will yell "Whoo!". They are my people. The Whoo! People.

I'm already planning my next birthday party, which isn't until December. But I need some Whoo! People around me for the event that will be turning 40. I need a drink to brace myself for that. So fair warning, it is bound to be a fun party, not to be missed. Plus, by then I will be done with my first semester finals of nursing school and will need painkiller for my sore brains. See you then, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment