Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Meet my new friend, Twinkle

Image by Kathleen Marshall

Kathleen and I are writing a whimsical little tale about this cute little misfit of a fairy. I am doing the text, and she will be illustrating. We sat down to storyboard it tonight and came up with some really cute ideas for it, as well as a sweet little story.

We are going to produce a book and hope to have it ready by Christmas for people to purchase and rave over. *Ahem* If I don't mind saying so. And I don't!

I think she's adorable.

It is certainly a different kind of project for me, but I adore working collaboratively with Kathleen. She brings out my inner pixie in a very lighthearted way.

Watch this space for news about her and her traveling band of mismatched but loving companions. There is dancing, there is glitter, and there are wandering chickens.

2 comments:

  1. And a fairy with a mop of hair and a very big butt! I'm so glad to be working on this with you! You bring knowledge of the craft of writing that I don't have. Ask me how to make something and I can give you lots of technical expertise. I'm like Twinkle, though when it comes to writing: lots of enthusiasm with little skill! I'm a damn good speller, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I will live on that compliment for the rest of the day! :)

    Between that and the construction worker that almost fell out of the driver's seat of his truck to howl at me crossing the street this morning, I should be able to muster some self esteem today.

    ReplyDelete