Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thrillers that DO!- In Bruges


Just watched "In Bruges" last night, and I really liked it. It is technically classified as a thriller, but the writing on it gave it some real comedic touches. The cast was amazing. I have heretofore not thought much of Colin Farrell as an actor, but he gave a nuanced and even endearing performance as a hit man in hiding after he accidentally kills a child. The script contains a lot of quirks that make the outcome less formulaic and so unique. Great performances and beautiful settings shot on location in Belgium.
For sure, people get shot and there is some graphic violence and language, but I would rank it among the best films of 2008 so far.

2 comments:

  1. Have never heard of this film-did you watch at home or in the theater? I'll have to tell my son about it. Not that crazy about Colin either, but maybe he finally proved himself as a actor here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rented it on Netflix. I *heart* Netflix.

    ReplyDelete