Monday, July 14, 2008

Trying to be different by being the same.

I'm choking on my own quirks, here. It has stopped being hilarious to me that I am wired up so differently from everyone else. I know I can't change a lot of that, but I am working on the little things:
  • I have recently started doing a "double knot" on my athletic shoes so they don't come untied. I have a phobia that I'm going to get a bug in my shoe if I can't get it off right away, but it is just annoying that I can't seem to tie my shoes so that they stay tied. I'm a grown woman; I shouldn't have to have my husband tie my shoes for me.
  • I force myself to go out when I would rather stay in and draw the curtains. I don't always like it, but the fresh air (when it isn't all smoky) has to do me some good.
  • I'm cutting back on my caffeine consumption. Having the heart rate of a hummingbird will not help me get any more work done.

It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment