Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oh, and your measles shot might give you measles!

Just call me the human pincushion. I had to go to the county Health Department today and get a bunch of vaccinations. Nursing school is really about just trying to not get sick while you learn to treat sick people. Geez. I am currently wearing 3 band aids on my upper arms. You'll be proud of me that I didn't cry or anything, but nobody even gave me a sucker for my trouble.

So the nurse tells me that two of the three shots I got today have the tendency to cause a disease-like reaction. So my measles shot may give me measles, and the chicken pox one may make me get chicken pox.

Dude, I am only taking the damn chicken pox vaccine because I never had it as a kid! I don't have wisdom teeth either, are they gonna insert them so I can get them pulled? *slaps forehead*

School starts in a month, and now I hear that in 6-10 days I may get terribly sick. Or, like, not.

I haven't taken enough time off. I am starting to panic a little. I need more vacation before this starts! Quick! Someone give me a good excuse to get outta Reno for a few days!

1 comment:

  1. Did they mention anything about shingles? That's when the chicken pox gets stirred up years later. My mom and two brothers had shingles-not fun. Try to up your vitamins and exercise-make that bod strong! : )

    ReplyDelete