Friday, August 15, 2008

And now, for the gear changing

Lots to do now before school starts on the 25th. I am excited, but changing gears might be harder than it looks. I need to hang up my party dress and buckle down. Time to get serious, write lists, clean house, do the last minute gardening, and set the stage for being my alter ego: OCD Girl, student extraordinaire. I am an expert apple polisher. I sit in the front row with an avid look on my face, eager to learn new things. In other words, I am a pain in the ass, at least to the other students. I'm the one where if there was a curve, I would peg it super high and piss everyone off.

I have a few letters to write and some organizing to do to make this easier on myself. In retrospect I should have taken vacation time for next week, but alas.

I finished that novel I was reading, and don't want to start anything new because I won't have time to finish it. It is gonna have to be comic books or poetry or something for the next week.

But most of all, I need to find my center and just settle down. Any interpersonal stuff that isn't resolved now is just going to have to wait. That was the whole point of visiting as many friends as possible over the summer. The social calendar must now be stripped down to the bones at least until I get into a workable study schedule.

That is the hardest thing for me, pulling away from the loving arms of my friends to go bury my nose in a book, or in this case, a stack of books that measures from the floor to my waist. Juggling all of that is going to be interesting.

I will continue blogging, but volume is sure to go down. Either that, or I will have to put gross-out warnings on the posts that discuss my fascination with epidemics or other health-related issues. I promise to keep the images of rare skin diseases to a minimum.

So, my lovelies. I LOVE you! Remember that and forgive me if I suddenly stop stalking you and calling you and forcing my dippy little personality quirks on you. I get a short break in December (announcement of birthday details forthcoming when I have them) and a longer one in May.

In the meantime, I'll be practicing being quiet and applying bum glue to my office chair.

XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO! Time to take that next big life step. I'm on campus so you should come and see me if you're in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete