Thursday, August 21, 2008

Show 'em yer NUTS!

Since I am allergic to walnuts, pecans, and Brazil nuts, I usually can't buy trail mix, so I make my own. I am trying to find ways to eat things that have nothing to do with the crap that is in the vending machines at school. So I am putting snacks in my backpack that will support my desire to support my brain with healthy food.

Today's mix:

Raw almonds
Toasted shelled pumpkin seeds
Toasted Sunflower seeds
Cashews
Raisins (not too many)

I also have a bag of dried mango for when I want something sweet.

Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. For sweetness: Ocean Spray Craisins, dried pineapple chunks, dried banana chips, dried apple chips.

    For salty crunchy goodness: Snapea Crisps (I see them in almost every grocery store in San Diego, so if you can't find 'em, I can mail you some - they look like this: http://www.snapeacrisps.com)

    There's supposedly a Whole Foods in Reno - they should have some wonderful tasty ideas there.

    Now I'm getting hungry... :)

    ReplyDelete