Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This is a first

Usually I am cursed with a memory for the birthdays of all of my exes, even if I no longer celebrate with them in any way. For the first time in over 15 years, I completely forgot Iceberg's birthday. It was a few days ago. I guess he won't mind since we are estranged these days, but I was stunned a moment ago when I realized it had passed by totally unnoticed by me.

Granted, I have had a horribly busy week that isn't even over yet, but even so. I guess it is a good thing that I was using my brain for the scheduled activities at home and school. But it usually goes without saying that Iceberg was, up to now, pretty memorable. My love/hate relationship with him lasted a pretty long time.

I doubt he lurks around my blog anymore, but I still feel bad that I forgot. So there you have it, John T. If you are looking, I did eventually remember. It isn't like the old days when I would splash out on elaborate gifts for you, but considering how much is on my plate these days, it will have to do. I won't be e-mailing you, so this is your lot this year.

I wonder if your tailor remembered to send you a card. Lord knows your relationship with your tailor was more important to you than I was. You used to laugh about it. Yes, I know how hard it is to find a good tailor. Point taken.

Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment