Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ok, Now GO!!

Ok, so since nothing can ever be simple, I have an onslaught of in-laws coming to town tomorrow. They will be here until Tuesday or so. If you can believe it, my classes start Monday, and I am somehow already behind with reading assignments that are already due the first 2 days of class. And I must work on Thursday and Friday! Ack!

BREATHE, STACIE!

I am actually not too stressed, yet. I just keep telling myself that the first few weeks are going to be an adjustment, but that I have a plan. That plan involves being kind to myself, doing healthy things like eating well and exercising, and getting some rest.

It is going to be okay. Yes, it is a rigorous course of study. I am just going to do it in the most centered way that I can, and when I get harried I will remember all the wonderful people that are pulling for me and that want to see me succeed.

And Tony just told me that he is getting me a new laptop this weekend! Yay! How timely. And my campus is wireless-enabled, so I should be better able to keep up with things. Good, good stuff. Amazing what a difference stuff like that makes.

I just got back from bellydance class. In keeping with my plan to be kind to myself, I am not going to go into a diatribe about how hard it is to look at my body being this out of shape. I am going to the gym and this dance class, so the fact that I am working on it will have to be good enough for now. But oh! *slaps own hand* Ok, enough whining!

I am just going to stay in the space where I am grateful. That does seem to help.
  • I have a generous scholarship that is going to take care of the money so I can concentrate on my studies. Other students are not so lucky.
  • I have a loving family.
  • I have wonderful friends that inspire me to be the best person I can be.
  • I have the tools and the skills and the brains to do this.
  • I can be confident and trust that this will work out and I can thrive where others may falter.
  • I am strong and have the spiritual backbone to weather the challenges.
Just keep breathing with me and sending me love.

No comments:

Post a Comment